drumMUSTER provides an easy, environmentally-friendly way of disposing of empty farming chemical containers across rural Australia. drumMUSTER is a voluntary program of AgStewardship Australia Limited. drumMUSTER is held at the Wangaratta Transfer Station every Thursday.
The drumMUSTER Standard
Inspection of containers at collection points is necessary to ensure that containers can be safely recycled.
- There must be no chemical residue on the inside or the outside of the container, including the thread and cap. If there is any chemical residue visible when delivering your containers these drums will be rejected.
- After rinsing your chemical container it should be left to dry with the cap off which will aid in the drying process.
- The threads of the container opening must be free of residue and although the cap should not be replaced on the container, it may be brought separately to the collection if clean.
- Your container should have the labels on to provide inspectors with identification of the container being handled.
- A signed statement by the farmer or chemical user at the point of the collection provides drumMUSTER with evidence that the container has been rinsed.
- If your container is rejected, the inspector will request that your container is taken home, properly cleaned and returned for recycling in your next delivery.
- When rinsing the chemical container use the rinsate to make up an application of the same chemical according to the products label recommendations.
Drums must be triple rinsed with no residue left inside and metal drums must be punctured prior to disposal.
Appointments are necessary and can be made by contacting Council's Customer Service team on (03) 5722 0888 or email@example.com. Collections are also available for deliveries under 50 drums at the Moyhu Transfer Station during normal opening hours. For deliveries greater than 50 drums please contact Council's Customer Service team on (03) 5722 0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on drumMUSTER please contact drumMUSTER on 1800 008 707 or visit the drumMUSTER website.