Need Planning Advice? - I

Need Planning Advice? - I

If you are intending to construct a dwelling or develop land for commercial or industrial purposes or wish to change use of land, remove native vegetation or undertake a subdivision you are advised to contact Council's Planning unit to discuss your proposal to determine if a planning permit is required.

You may do so on phone, or by sending a letter or an email or meeting planning staff in person at Council office.

If you are to lodge a planning application, Council encourages that you organise a pre-lodgement meeting with planning staff so that any issues can be addressed early in the process to minimise any delays in the assessment process.

For better advice, you are advised to provide sufficient information such as site information, concept plans and any other relevant information to planning staff and submit this information at least 10 working days prior to the intended meeting.

These meetings are free of cost.

Please contact Council's Planning unit on (03) 5722 0888 or make an appointment.

For further advice on a range of planning-related issues please see our FAQ page or refer to Council's Planning Advice Sheets below.


For Planning Advice Sheets 11 - 15, please visit: 


PDFPlanning Application Process (115 KB)

PDFImportant Information for Permit Applicants (140 KB)

PDFPre-application Meetings - Small or Minor Developments (99 KB)

PDFPre-lodgement Advice - Major Developments (128 KB)

PDFObtaining a Current Certificate of Title (92 KB)

PDFUnderstanding the Notification Process (98 KB)

PDFApplications for Review at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (95 KB)

PDFMedium Density Housing (107 KB)

PDFNeighbourhood Character (97 KB)

PDFSubdivisions (113 KB)

Last Updated: 08-10-2015

Send Us Your Feedback
Was this information useful?
Not Useful   Very Useful
  Please enter your email address.