Setting up a Premise

Setting up a Premise

Looking at setting up a food or health premises such as a hairdresser, tattooist or cafe? 

If so, you will need to register your business with Council to ensure requirements of the Food Safety Act are met. 

You may also need to speak to Council's building or planning department to apply for any relevant permits.

Food and health premises are required to undertake an annual assessment by Council's Environmental Health team to ensure the premises complys with current legislation.

To register your business or for further information please contact Council's Environmental Health team on (03) 5722 0888 or email

The following websites also have useful information in food standards:-

PDFApplication NEW Class 1 and 2 Food Premises (93 KB)

PDFApplication NEW Class 3 Food Premises (93 KB)

PDFApplication NEW Food Vehicle (88 KB)

PDFApplication NEW Prescribed Accommodation (166 KB)

PDFApplication NEW Hairdressers/Beauty/Health Premises (152 KB)

PDFInformation for Class 2 Food Businesses (1614 KB)

PDFInformation for Class 3 Food Businesses (1342 KB)

PDFInformation for Class 4 Food Businesses (1436 KB)

PDFFood Safety Program Template and Records (9107 KB)

Last Updated: 20-02-2017

Send Us Your Feedback
Was this information useful?
Not Useful   Very Useful
  Please enter your email address.