The main purpose of this directory is to connect people with organisations which can provide¬†a variety of activities. When this connection occurs, it is a win-win situation for the organisation and the individual. Organisations gain more members and can increase the range of their activities, and the member gains new friends and new skills while having fun. These opportunities are divided into five main categories:
- Active: Recreational and physical activities ranging from gentle, moderate or high intensity.
- Create: Opportunities to use your imagination to create anything by hand or voice
- Learn:¬† Access and information¬†to increase¬†understanding and knowledge.
- Social: Opportunities to form new friendships and activities.
- Volunteer: Opportunities for those who want to share experiences and contribute to the community.
Within these five main categories each entry gives:
- The name of the organisation;
- The venue where the activity takes place;
- Phone number of the contact person;
- Keywords which describe the benefits of joining that organisation; and
- Symbols displayed¬†for¬†Public Parking, ¬†Transport, and ¬†Accessibility.
People who have a disability or age related condition are recommended to make contact with venues to ensure that facilities will be suitable.
In addition to the above, a section on available transport options, within the Rural City of Wangaratta has also been provided.
We welcome comments on any aspect of the directory. Please direct them to the Rural City of Wangaratta, Community and Recreation Unit 03 5722 0888.
For a further comprehensive listing of activities and groups see the Community Services Directory available at: www.wangaratta.vic.gov.au.¬†Other information and services can be found at: www.agedcareaustralia.gov.au
Community Connections for Positive Living directory (1417 KB)
Last Updated: 01-07-2016