- To advise on the promotion, enhancement and generation of sustainable economic development and tourism within the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To advise on the development and maintenance of viable economic development and tourism strategies and associated performance measures for the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To advise on the promotion, facilitation and coordination of opportunities for economic development and associated employment growth in line with the Rural City of Wangaratta's economic development and tourism strategies and Council Plan objectives.
- In particular to assess the suitability of proposed business development and industry attraction initiatives identified in the Economic Development Strategy and the Tourism Strategy.
- To ensure all sectors of the community within the Rural City of Wangaratta have the opportunity to provide input into the directions and issues considered by the Committee.
- To establish special interest task forces and sub-committees to carry out work on behalf of the committee, including a review of economic analysis and feasibility studies.
- To provide a strategic overview of specific projects and programs.
- To provide quality and timely advice to Council on issues considered appropriate or matters referred by Council to the Advisory Committee.
- On behalf of the Rural City of Wangaratta, facilitate and advocate for economic development and tourism initiatives.
- To advise on the preparation and delivery of submissions for economic development initiatives.
- To inform, liaise with and seek input from appropriate businesses, stakeholders, relevant agencies and the community with regard to economic development and tourism issues.
- To identify, recommend and advocate for appropriate resource allocations to projects from Council together with State and Federal Government sources.
- To support existing business and industry within the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To attract new investment and industry to the Rural City of Wangaratta.
- To establish and maintain relevant tourism marketing and development initiatives to ensure that the Rural City of Wangaratta is recognised as a preferred visitor destination.
Wangaratta Unlimited Board Charter (296 KB)
Last Updated: 06-09-2016